Sunday, August 21, 2016

Beginning, Middle, and End

The school year has begun. I will share the semester with sixteen first-year students at the beginning of their college experience. We will “dissect families” to learn about how family resources influence how we think, learn, and do.



I will also share the semester with a group of students who have just passed the middle of their advertising coursework. Most studied advertising media with me last summer. Most gained internship experience this summer. Our Advertising Management course should help them focus their final two semesters and subsequent job search.

My final class marks both a beginning and an end. Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations of Communication and Information is the first class for students starting their terminal degree. They enter the class confident in their accomplishments thus far. I hope they finish with more questions than answers.

This education gig is all about questions and answers. At the beginning we don’t even know what the questions are. In the middle, we start to gain focus. And at the end the questions become more interesting and the answers more illusive

I love my job. No question about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment